Fasteris is now the brand of Genesupport SA for all Life Science Services. The company is a Swiss biotechnology company, located in Plan-les-Ouates, providing Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and Sanger sequencing services.
We are part of Medisupport, the Swiss laboratory networks, a strategical partnership that allows us to offer also medical analyses.
The company now uses PacBio Sequel IIe, illumina MiSeq, NextSeq and NovaSeq as well as ThermoFisher's Ion S5.
Since 2007, Fasteris developed a broad range of applications to analyze genomes and transcriptomes, from library preparation to bioinformatics analyses:
- whole genome sequencing, de novo assembly;
- targeted re-sequencing and exomes;
- transcriptomes: ISO-seq and stranded RNA protocols;
- small RNAs;
- ChIP-SEQ to study protein-DNA binding sites;
- metagenomics: metabarcoding and full length 16S rRNA;
- short and long amplicons sequencing;
- custom projects such as Trypanosoma splice leader, phage display, etc..
Genesupport SA provides services for pharma and research laboratories, from small-scale projects to thousands of samples using automated and ISO-17025 accredited protocols.
We produced many thousands of NGS analyses under medical diagnostics conditions and ISO15189 accreditation.
In 2013, Fasteris joined the Medisupport and in 2015 Medisupport joined Sonic Healthcare.
In 2020 Fasteris merged with Medisupport Genetics labs to create Genesupport SA.
Fasteris is the brand for Life Sciences, while Genesupport is used for Medical Genetics.
Fasteris is co-author of tens of publications and cited in hundreds, see our website.