Combine the advantages of UHPLC and HPLC: HALO® Fused-Core
The packing material of the HALO® column is based on fused core technology. The particles are a combination of a solid silica core surrounded by a porous layer. This enables a separation performance like in UHPLC but without its back pressure. Another advantage is the high peak capacity.
HPLC uses stationary phases with particle sizes from 3 to approx. 10 µm while UHPLC uses particle sizes from 1 to <3 µm.
The smaller particle sizes in UHPLC allow higher flow rates without loss of separation power which results in considerably shorter analysis times and lower solvent consumption due to the smaller column ID. The downside, however, besides a considerably higher back pressure than in HPLC, is higher costs for instruments, columns and maintenance.
The Fused-Core Technology uses superficially porous particles (SPP), where a porous shell is fused to a solid core particle. The diffusion path for sample molecules into and out of the particle is shorter due to the impermeable solid core and the death volume of the column is reduced. This has a positive effect on the A, B and C-term of the Van-Deemeter equation. Band broadening is reduced and the separation power increased.
Thus HALO® Fused-Core columns combine the advantages of UHPLC with HPLC.
They allow fast and high resolution separations as known from UHPLC but without the high back pressure and this on HPLC as well as on UHPLC instruments.
- High-speed, high-resolution separation enabling reproducible and reliable results
- Excellent quality of manufacturing
- Optimised pore size
- Choice of three particle sizes to accommodate all HPLC, UHPLC and MS instruments
- Wide portfolio of stationary phases for reversed phase and HILIC separations
HALO® Bioclass for application specific solutions in Biopharma Analysis:
- Intact proteins, monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), biosimilars, and other large biomolecules such as pegylated proteins, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), etc.
- Peptide mapping (analysis of enzyme digests) for characterisation and monitoring of synthetic protein drugs
- Analysis of therapeutic peptides and peptide biomarkers (protein surrogates)
- High-resolution separations of complex mixtures of glycans released from N- and O-linked glycoproteins
HALO® Enviroclass for Environmental Analysis
Offers a suite of solutions for persistent, high environmental-impact contamination agents such as pesticides, mycotoxins, herbicides, and more.